By Jenn Hill Melendez, Rubin Communications & Leisa Melancon, Heron Crest Marketing
20 Reasons To Join AMA Hampton Roads
We know. Most professional organizations have a reputation for being, well, boring.
We promise, you won’t see one person yawning at an AMA Hampton Roads event.
We understand your time is valuable and we make the most of every second you spend with us. From stellar programming to stimulating networking events, we are the essential community for marketers in Hampton Roads.
Take a look at the top 20 reasons you should join right now:
- Networking, networking, networking. Meet top local marketers, potential customers, vendors and more. You’ll get to know the best of the best.
- New ideas. There’s nothing like cross-fertilization from other marketing professionals! Our events are designed to facilitate thought-provoking industry-related conversations for you to walk away with a fresh perspective.
- Outstanding luncheon events. Industry experts share valuable insights and actionable knowledge on relevant marketing topics. You’ll leave each luncheon with a new idea or insight you can immediately apply in your career and work.
- A way to shine in the Hampton Roads community. Volunteering with AMA Hampton Roads is a great way to do it! Supporting our events showcases your talent and your company’s commitment to community service. This is the best place of all to be seen and make friends.
- Professional development. We know managers who won’t hire an employee who isn’t a member of AMA. Because they know how much an AMA membership says about the employee’s professionalism and commitment to their marketing career development.
- Covering all of Hampton Roads. Attend events on both the Southside and Peninsula.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs). SIGs combine presentations, workshops, and discussions on topics that can help you and provide the opportunity to rub elbows with the area’s top marketers.
- Local career connections. Learn about new job opportunities at the area’s top businesses or meet other talented marketers who could be the perfect fit for your company.
- Cost savings. A membership equals savings on AMA events. Spend $30 on local luncheons instead of $45. Save more than $300 on national conferences. And did we mention networking?
- “In the Mix” social events. Networking with a twist, exclusive to members and invited guests. Designed to bring marketing professionals together in a fun,
laid- back environment, where members feel at ease to connect and build relationships in a more casual atmosphere.
- Locals Only VIP card. Receive a complimentary LOCALS ONLY™ VIP Card. This multiple use discount card provides hundreds of dollars of savings at locally owned Virginia Beach businesses.
- Inside Business. Subscribe to Inside Business at a reduced rate of 50% off the regular price yearly price.
- Access to the Career Resource Center on AMA.org. Access to hundreds of marketing job postings, career tips and strategies, interview and resume guidelines, ask the expert panel, and more.
- Receive 30% off the Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) program. The PCM program gives you a tangible way to enhance your marketing skills, as well as highlight your accomplishments for prospective employers.
- AMA Membership Directory Access (30,000+ Members). There’s no other marketing association that can connect you immediately with 30,000+ marketers.
- Conferences and Training. AMA members receive significant discounts for national AMA events. Learn from the best and brightest from a broad cross-section of industries, interacting and networking with industry leaders.
- Content on AMA.org. Explore the hundreds of the latest articles and research by topic, including white papers and best practices, plus an extensive archive.
- AMA Marketer’s Toolkit. Full of interactive templates, tools, and resources to help you in your career.
- Webcasts and podcasts. Get access to over 100 on-demand webcasts and podcasts on the latest marketing topics.
- Publications. AMA e-Newsletters, featuring in-depth, members-only content on the latest developments in marketing. A free subscription to AMA’s flagship publication, Marketing News, as well as your choice of another publication (specialty magazine or journal) give you exposure to leading-edge thinking.